A Bit About South Africa
South Africa is one of the most diverse and enchanting countries in the world, being five times larger than Great Britain and three times the size of Texas. Exotic combinations of landscapes, people, history and culture offer the traveller a unique and inspiring experience.
Renting a Vehicle in South Africa Online
Hiring a car can be done online on many worldwide and South Africa car rental websites.
Before searching for car rental in South Africa you need to know the following:
- The city you will arrive at and the city you will depart from. There are many car rental pick-up and return locations throughout the country.
- The dates and times of arrival and departure
- The type of vehicle that will suite your needs
South Africa Driving Tips
Here are some things you should know when renting a car in South Africa.
- A driver must be at least 23 years old zanzibarcarrental to rent a car in South Africa.
- South Africa’s city roads and main highways are generally in very good condition.
- South Africans drive on the left hand side of the road.
- The speed limit on major roads and freeways is 120km/h and in residential areas is generally 60 km/h
- South Africa has plenty of petrol stations even in smaller towns. A petrol attendant will fill up your tank, you do not need to do that yourself.
- Always keep your car locked when unattended.
- Do not put personal belongings such as handbags or cellphones on the passenger seat.
- Be cautious if approached by strangers at traffic lights (“robots”) or intersections.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.
- Never drink and drive.
- Never drive while on your cell phone.
- Never drive if you are tired or fatigued.
- Drive courteously, allowing faster vehicles to pass.
- Study the roads you plan to take, and make sure your maps are up-to-date.